In this post i gave the checklist that will be helpful to you while soldering.If you don’t know the basics of soldering read it here.
- Prepare the joint. Clean all surfaces and conductors thoroughly with fine steel wool. First, clean the circuit traces, then clean the component leads.
- Prepare the soldering iron or gun. The soldering device should be hot enough to melt solder applied to the tip. Apply a small amount of solder directly to the tip, so that the surface is shiny.
- Place the tip in contact with one side of the joint, if possible place the tip below the joint.
- Place the solder against the joint directly opposite the soldering tool. The solder should melt within two seconds if it takes longer use a larger iron.
- Keep the soldering tool against the joint until the solder flows freely throughout the joint. When it flows freely the joint should form a concave shape; insufficient heat will form a convex shape.
- Let the joint cool without any movement, the joint should cool and set-up with in a few seconds. If the joint is moved before it cools the joint will look dull instead of shiny and you will likely have a cold solder joint. Re-heat the joint and begin anew.
- Once the iron is set aside, or if it loses its shiny appearance, wipe away any dirt with a wet cloth or wet sponge. When the iron is clean the tip should look clean and shiny. After cleaning the tip apply some solder.